Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Go Gators!


Two years ago I moved to Atlanta. With a new city came a lot of new things - my own apartment, my first "real job", new friends annnnnd Georgia fans. Thaaat's right.

My whole life - I was groomed to be a Gator. Brainwashed by my parents at a very early age, I can remember my mom singing "lullaby's" that consisted of "We are the Boys from Ol' Florida" and "Alma Mater" as we would slip to sleep at night. You can just imagine their surprise when I broke the news that I wanted to join the Clemson Family instead of the Gator Nation my senior year in high school. That being said, I never lost my love for the "Orange and Blue".

Well - now I am in the heart of "Dawg Country" - most of my closest friends in Atlanta attended The University of Georgia and while I love them dearly - the last Saturday in October always proves to be quite a memorable day for all us - a "friendly rivalry". Ha! Two years ago I made a bet with a UGA alumn/friend. Judging by the score from 2008 - I won - and last year we went double or nothing - and I won again. We have dabbled with so many wagers - noting that the concequence for the loser needs to be tasteful while at the same time - extraordinarly embarrasing. I have racked my brain for a hysterical act that would go down in the books - but want to throw it out to you all. Do you have any ideas? Think outside the box - go crazy!

Go Gators! Chomp Chomp!
Boe

1 comment:

  1. But are we ever happy you said "yes" to Clemson! Happy FLORIDA-GEORGIA my little Tiger-Gator!!!

    ReplyDelete