Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Luck O' the Irish


Growing up - my family went all out for St. Patrick's Day! I can vividly remember waking up on the 17th of March (for I don't even know how many years) to a St. Patty's Day spread on the kitchen table - everything from the plates we were eating on to the milk in our cereal were green - my mom's side of the family is Irish - so needless to say we get pretty excited about the holiday. For those of you who have taken part in this time honored tradition with my family, you know that the day ends with the most DELICIOUS dinner!! Homemade corned beef and cabbage! Just thinking about Jacki Boe's secret (and DELICIOUS) recipe makes my mouth water - very jealous that my Dad get's to eat such a phenomenal meal tonight!

As for me - I will just partake in a delicious beer of some sort...

You should do the same!

Boe

1 comment:

  1. Secret recipe???? The ingredient is GUINNESS!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete