Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Run Boe Run!




April 24th is going to be a big day...

Over the past year, one of my dearest friends, Jenny and I have been toying with the idea of running a half marathon – and so last month we did it. We picked a race and signed up for it! PHEW! It’s gonna be awesome!! Training is a little difficult since Jenny lives in Charleston, SC and I live in Atlanta, GA – but we keep on schedule via gchat, facebook and blogging! Ohhhh technology...

What I have found to be so rewarding during this whole process are the small victories that I overcome every week. When I started this whole process, my longest run was only about 4 miles – but, as the weeks have progressed, I built up to 5, 6 and 7 mile runs, and I would be lying to you if I told you it didn’t feel awesome!! It is so incredible to see how your body can build up a tolerance for something that you never dreamed that you could do!!

On top of that, I have had the opportunity to run with some great friends! It is fantastic to take an hour or two out of our busy days and just have solid fellowship with one another! It has been and will continue to be such a wonderful treat for me!

7 miles this weekend – let you know how it goes!
Boe

1 comment: