Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day


So I was having an interesting discussion with my co-workers today. Luckily, I work with some pretty incredible people - so our conversations are always pretty awesome (be jealous). Anywhoodle - that is neither here nor there. The point of this post is to get some feedback from you all on the topic of, Valentine's Day (duuun duuun duunn..ha!). My friends in the office and I are in agreement - what's with all the hype?!?! Valentine's Day is just a day - we are called to love EVERYDAY and on top of that - love our neighbors - not just our significant others.

So I challenge you - write a note to a friend, call a family member, hug the neck of someone you love - and not just on February 14th - do it as much as you can. Life's short - let those who touch your life know it! :)

Love y'all!
Boe

3 comments:

  1. My darling Schmemie,

    I am so proud of you! These are such beautiful thoughts. And I love that you are making them available for others to share.

    I had written a long, involved comment before... but I lost it since I wasn't signed on as a "follower" of you blog. Now that your precious Mom (my Precious Sister) has instructed me through this particular realm of the techno. world, I am now able to comment, but I can't recall all my original thoughts. Ah, the joys of getting old!

    Be that as it may... I just want to say how very much I love you, and what a joy it is (and always has been) to have you be a part of my life.

    Uncle D+

    ReplyDelete
  2. while we should love everyday... i don't see any problem about another day to call attention to the importance of recognizing the people we love! :)

    p.s. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete