Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Giving Tree of Sorts



Let me start off by saying – I apologize for my absence from the blogging world. Honestly – there have been so many “joy-filled” things that have happened over the last two weeks – I couldn’t decide which to write about. But – the past couple of days something has seriously been on my heart. I don’t know if it is because I am nostalgic for things of my past or what – but I decided – why not blog about it? It’s random – but go with it…


So here is an unusual question – do any of you have a favorite tree? I know that might sound silly – but do you? I do. As a kid – I loved climbing trees (and if we are being honest here, I can tell you that I still do)! I have been all over the world – and have seen millions of them – but one holds a special place in my heart and if you have driven on I-85 North between Atlanta, GA and Clemson, SC you have passed it. It is a HUGE Oak Tree right before the GA/SC border and I love it! It makes my heart smile!

Most of you know that I love my Alma Mater. My friends make fun of me all the time – if I see a person wearing a Clemson shirt, hat, driving a car with a Clemson sticker, etc. I will literally stop and talk with them – no matter the place or time. I love Clemson – it is a place where I really established my personal walk with the Lord – through fellowship with incredible friends and playing in His creation. It is my happy place – honestly – a little glimpse of heaven for me! ☺

I drove the 8-hours from Sarasota, FL to Clemson, SC hundreds of times over the four years I was a student and always passed the same Oak Tree at GA mile marker 176. Every time ole Cam would whiz past it, a smile would take over my face – a huge grin from ear to ear because I was almost home. It’s funny, because even though I graduated over 2 years ago, I still have the same reaction every time I drive pass it – a joyful feeling in my spirit – that reminds me to, everyday, thank God for the sweet blessings that He has placed in my life!

I haven’t climbed the tree yet – but I will someday and I can’t even wait! ☺


Climb on!
Boe

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! it is quite a happy looking tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to Jenny. not gonna lie, this made me tear up a tad. you are such a blessing to me, em.

    ReplyDelete